"I'll just be hanging round the mistletoe, hoping to be kissed."

0
I feel pretty much the same way about Christmas that I do about Thanksgiving. The only thing I am really interested in are the extra days off from work.

Oh and the cookies. I'll take all the cookies you've got.

I always try to get into the spirit and now that Izzy is here, I feel like its important to have traditions. So begrudgingly, as I have for the past two years, I dragged all our Christmas crap out of the basement. Thankfully C did the hardest work, bringing up the tree. That's right, we have a fake tree. Look, I'm trying. You can't expect me to suck it up and enjoy Christmas AND get a real tree.

I have to admit though, I'm kinda feelin' it this year. Izzy is old enough to get excited about gifts. My Mother in Law sent us an advent calendar and Iz gets very excited about her daily gifts. Every day when I get home from work, I hear squeals of 'Moommmmmyyyyyy!!!!' and her thumping toward the door. Before I can get my key in the door she is on the other side jiggling the knob and trying to work the lock to let me in. When the door finally swings open I am greeted with gigantic hopeful eyes, a huge, gap toothed smile and the words "mommy! i have a gift?!?". With that she scurries away into the living room to wait next to the calendar. Goodness help me if I don't get in there fast enough. Every gift she's opened so far was met with 'OOoooooooOOOH!'.

A lot of our decorations are 'vintage' - you know, the fancy way of saying old. :) But many are hand-me-down or heirlooms from family. C's mother sent us this nativity a few years ago:
IMG_6527b

I think I need two wreaths or something on either side of that frame. Don't you love the random placement of that giant silver ball? I used it as a prop for Izzy's Christmas photo last year. I didn't know what to do with it. So I said screw it (sorry bebe jesus!) and threw it up there.

Our beloved Tai, our dog we had put down last Winter (and a sad, sad story for another time) got his own special nativity. I think Tai might get a new urn for Christmas. *Sigh* He was a bastard. But I do miss him.
IMG_6515b

I found these little guys in our basement this year:
IMG_6562bIMG_6566b

How cute are they!?

I did get one new thing this year, the mistletoe for our mudroom:
IMG_6545b
PUCKER UP!!

And last but not least, our beautifully fake tree!
IMG_6512b
Check out the advent calendar!
So we are all set for Christmas. Now on to the dreaded shopping.




kill me. kill me now.

May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through! ~Author Unknown

0 comments: