It wasn't the best, but it was still a damn good year.

0
Tonight I am alone on my couch watching TV by myself. My husband has been in bed all day with the flu and the child is of course in bed. I am trying to think of remarkable things that happened this year. As I do every New Year's Eve, I fall short. I convince myself that nothing extraordinary has happened. But as I look through folder upon folder of photos from the last 12 months, I realize that the year has been far from boring and one of the most special yet (in its own way).

We rang in the new year with two of the best friends we could ever ask for.
IMG_5438

IMG_5437
(and for the sake of saving my hide, they were in the middle of a remodel. the kitchen is all spiffy now :P )


We made silly faces with silly babies
IMG_6203

We ate lots of good food
nom

IMG_5377

IMG_1046

We had our fair share of heartbreak
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Painted chubby piggies for the first time
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Made crude jokes at the cat's expense
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wore silly hats
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IMG_3820
IMG_4569

Did our best to save those we could...even when we knew in our hearts it was all for naught.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Spent time with family from nearby and far away

IMG_5352

IMG_5367

IMG_1246

IMG_2140


We did arts and crafts
IMG_8082

IMG_4687

IMG_6018

We had fun in the summer sun
IMG_1626
IMG_1016
IMG_1210

Built forts on vacation when the TV stopped working
IMG_1442

Got all dressed up
IMG_8134

Turned two years old
IMG_1809

Hung out with the cool kids
IMG_1087

IMG_2127

Celebrated awesome dads
IMG_1435

Completed goals in the nick of time
IMG_1936

Let go of painful (albeit) silly memories
IMG_1406

Welcomed a very anxiously awaited friend
IMG_3242

Got closer with nature
IMG_2107

IMG_3558

IMG_2761

Got a new 4-legged pal
IMG_3028

Celebrated birthdays with friends
IMG_3992

And achievements with family
IMG_3975

Wore fun costumes
IMG_4635

Made fun of the cat some more
IMG_5212

Misbehaved at a children's amusement park
IMG_6126

Gave back to the community
IMG_6381

Picked on the cat again
IMG_6499b

Overcame fears
izzy & santa 2010

Spent time with awesome Aunties
IMG_6291

IMG_6928

Got thoughtful gifts from far away friends
IMG_6948b

And now we are just plumb worn out
IMG_7098


This year may look plain ol' ordinary to everyone else in the world. But to me its been extraordinary. With every passing year life is so much more than I ever expected or ever thought I had the right to hope for.
Here's to another great year. Another chance to get it right. Another chance to get more than you ever hoped for.

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.”
- Edith Lovejoy Pierce

0 comments: