Iz-O-Lantern

0
Last year I made this:

iz2009

I was so impressed with myself (as I usually am =P ) that I thought I'd take another crack at it this year. I'm glad I decided to do another. Because moments after I set this one out on our sidewalk two days ago (its a foam pumpkin), Izzy, in her glorious rambunctious toddler way, tore a big chunk out of the side of her pumpkin headed likeness. *sigh*
I'm a little behind schedule but I'm making an Iz-O-Lantern this year anyway. I finally finished the template tonight.

I happened to snap this photo during one of our regular bath time scream fests a few months back.
God I dread bath time. I dread bath time almost as much as dinner time.

Anyway, this is the photo I worked from:
IMG_2881b

and this was also my inspiration, obviously:
psycho-janet-leigh

and here is the template so far. I hope to do some carving tomorrow.
iz1022a

I'll update with the final product some time this weekend.

0 comments: