Weekend Wrap Up! better late than never.

0
Ahhhh Thanksgiving. The love/hate relationship I have with you carries through another year. I love your turkey, your pecan pie, the opportunity to wear my 'eating pants' (which, by the way, are just my everyday pants.) and the many reasons you give me to drink myself into a coma. Funny enough, those are all the things I hate about you as well.

Thanksgiving was okay. I never expect much since our family situation is a little bit strained for like the past...well, forever. But Christian and I always manage to have a good time and that we did. Ever since Izzy came along, we have that much more fun. Watching her experience things for the first time always makes the aggravation worthwhile.

We went to my mom and dad's house for dinner on Thursday. Unfortunately my mom wasn't feeling well so I had to take over on the preparations. I think I did pretty well. The cranberry sauce was can-shaped, the mashed potatoes only contained a small slice of my fingertip that was lost in the chopping and I won the war with the can of crescent rolls.

IMG_6213b
Fact: I have never successfully opened a can of pillsbury anything without the use of a knife.


Izzy helped me set the table:

1129-001


Christian enjoyed the turkey. A lot.
IMG_6255IMG_6256

Tuna got greedy and stole my parent's dog's dinner.
IMG_6253


And  I just thought this one of Izzy waiting for pie was sweet :)
IMG_6265

And this one is for Steph #3. The White Grill.
IMG_6216
There is no real story behind this other than my mom - for some unknown reason - painted their grill white. I guess she thought it would look nice. I think its...ummm...interesting.

Almost as interesting as the vagina mailbox that their neighbors have.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Disclaimer: This is not the neighbor's actual mailbox but it's nearly identical to the one they have. Which begs the question, why the hell are there two vagina mailboxes in the world?

OH! I nearly forgot. I did a little pre-Black Friday shopping. On Thursday I picked up this laptop.
I can't wait for it to get here. My old laptop died last spring and I've been relegated to C's old desktop. The sale price was $499 but ultimately I paid about $700 for it because of warranties and other extras. I'm pretty happy about this. I waited and waited for a good deal to come along and it finally paid off.

Friday

Friday was sort of a lazy day. C worked and I was home with Izzy. Late in the day my friend Stephanie came over to check out the paintings I was doing for her. I did three different paintings and she ended up buying two as a baby shower gift.

painting_001

painting_003

I was pretty pleased with the way they turned out. I was honestly a little sad to see the second one go. I really liked it and kinda wanted to keep it! I expected her to just take the first set because it coordinates with the wallpaper border the mother-to-be chose. But I was very happy that she was so pleased with my work that she took both. I am always nervous about what people will think of my work when they are paying for it. (When I'm giving it away, you just have to be happy with what you get! lol)

To my shock and dismay, Maggie, Stephanie's daughter is old enough for the Bumbo! I can't believe how quickly the time is passing. Since I am always eager to unload my junk on someone else, I dragged Izzy's Bumbo up from the basement, cleaned it off and passed it on to Maggie.

IMG_6290IMG_6289

Izzy was less than pleased about this.

She kept saying 'I had is first. Is mine. I don't want Maggie to have it. I had it first.'

5214693880_3198dd3db0_b

I made several attempts to explain to Izzy that she is too big for the Bumbo and how much fun it is to share with Maggie and that one day when we have another baby it will come back to our house. She wasn't buying into it. At one point she was gently and sneakily pushing on the Bumbo. I'm assuming it was an effort to tip Maggie out of it and snag the chair for herself.

Lucky for Izzy, Maggie got hungry and gave up the Bumbo for a bottle.

IMG_6292


Saturday & Sunday

I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love flea markets.

LOVE!

I really enjoy the ones that mostly sell other people's junk. It makes me think about the stories behind the stuff. Who it belonged to, what it meant to them, how it came to be that its for sale. But I also enjoy the ones that sell all the cheap crap you never want to pay full price for. Cowtown is one of those markets.  Cheap shoes, jewelry, hats, make up, car parts and other junk you didn't know you needed cover a big parking lot and three large barns.
IMG_6293 

I tried to get Izzy to pose with the giant cow at the front of the market. No Dice. 

IMG_6297

She was scared of it. 

IMG_6298
I don't blame her. Did you see the eyes on that thing?

Sunday was a pretty blah. We went to our local farmer's market just to get out of the house for a while. I was on the hunt for corn fritters but came up empty handed.

Now I just need to catch up on my vacation pics that I want to post. It's been two weeks and I am still telling everyone about the awesome staycation we had! haha

0 comments: