Pride

0
This is my state
We've been the butt of many pop culture jokes over the years:

People make silly songs about us:

Whenever I tell people I'm from Delaware I usually get a response of 'Where?'  or "oh what state is' that in?' or they just stare blankly at me until I say 'You know...it's south of Philly?'.

The transplants (and even the natives) complain about how boring Delaware is, there's nothing here, no culture, no character, blah, blah, blah. FYI, I do not share any of these sentiments. I've said it before, if you can't find something to do in Delaware, you are not trying hard enough. And not all of Delaware is a Bob Ross painting but I find it to be quite beautiful in its own way. 

So what is my point? Well, today I have another reason to be proud of my home state. Today the House passed SB 30. That's the bill that will give all gay couples the same rights, protections and obligations as a heterosexual married couple. I've never been more proud to live in this state. Just goes to show you don't have to be one of the big guys to accomplish big things.

Ya done good, Delaware. Ya done good.

0 comments: