Happy Halloween!

0
This year we did something really scary. We let Izzy pick her own costume. She kept jumping between being a scarecrow and a witch but once she saw this hot pink and frilly disaster, it was love at first sight.
I would like to state for the record that I do not like this costume. Its too Toddlers and Tiaras for my taste. Besides, I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Halloween costumes. I want my witches to look like this:
It was her choice and I had to roll with it. I'll be picking the costume next year. She loved her frills and mini hat, so that made me happy.
Cutest hot pink, leopard print witch you'll ever see!

Izzy wanted me to dress up to. I threw on some stuff we had around the house.

First stop! She was SO excited that the gate was open. Moments prior I had explained that if the porch light was on and the people left their gates open, then they wanted trick or treater's to knock on their door.

She ran right up and knocked on the door. But she wasn't so brave at the next house!

Best pumpkin on the block!
These pumpkins on the other hand, not so much. I wish I had gotten a better shot because the one on the right is a
Wu Tang Clan pumpkin. Really? Are they still popular?
Izzy took a spill and scraped her knees in the middle of our tour around the neighborhood. We decided we should probably head home but she would not be deterred from more treats.
Reviewing the haul so far, trying to decide to call it a night or not.
Lording over her riches.
Finally we talked her into calling it a night. And would you believe that when we got home, she didn't want candy. She asked for yogurt!

This Halloween was the best by far. Now that Izzy knows how it works, she is less shy and so much more fun to take around. She will knock on the doors, yell 'trick or treat!' and begrudgingly say thank you for the goods. :)

Now to get rid of all the 'kid killers' (choking hazards).

0 comments: