Sit Ubu, sit! Good Dog! #ILoveMyk9

0
This place is going to the dogs! Okay not really but I sorta felt like I was required to use that phrase in a post about our dog.
Based on actual events.
As you may know, we adopted Tuna a few months after our dog Tai had to be put down. [serious sad face!] He's a lively Jack Russell/Pug mix and despite the looks, he's a pretty smart dog!

Since he's such a lively dog, and since he has the basic tricks like 'sit' and 'stay' down, we thought it would be fun to teach him some new tricks.

Currently on his trick roster:

  • Sit
  • GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!
  • Stay
  • Poop in laundry pile
  • Come
  • Steal kid's food
  • bark incessantly at the neighbor's dog

Tricks we are hoping to teach him:

  • Speak
  • Roll over
  • Shake
  • Stand on hind legs
  • Sing
It's a pretty ambitious list but with some help from a variety of Milkbone treats, I think we can persuade him to pull a few of these off. So Izzy and I headed to Wal-Mart to grab some tasty snacks.

Tuna's not exactly picky when it comes to treats but I thought I'd get some variety to entice him.  


I was really excited to find a generous $2 coupon for Milo's Kitchen treats on one of the treat boxes. 

Milo's Kitchen treats are an all-natural homemade style treat. I like the idea of these treats because I actually recognize all the ingredients listed and they are all things I'd eat...of course that is not to say I will be trying the chicken meatballs. But I'm not embarrassed to tell you that they smell awesome!

We also picked up some Pup-Peroni in the Lean Beef Flavor. Because...well, Tuna is a fatty. A certain 3 year old was put in charge of feeding him and he seems to end up getting four days worth of food at one meal.

After we finished picking out treats, Izzy wanted to see the fish section.


What's dat fishy doing mommy?
Uhhh....they are just snuggling...upside down...next to the filter.
Not cool WalMart. Not cool.

But onto happier things! Tuna is super excited about his treat and we are excited to work on new tricks.








Stop back next week to see if Tuna has learned some new tricks. In the meantime, I'll be doing laundry. Guess who found a pile in the pile?

UPDATE: Check out Tuna's progress...or rather lack of.

And if you'd like to see more of our shopping experience, you can check out the album here.

Disclaimer: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All opinions and embarrassing admissions about wanting to taste test dog food are mine.
#CBias #iLoveMyK9

0 comments: