Recipe | Light Peanut Butter Dip

0
I spend a lot of time thinking about ways I can modify every day foods. I want to make them more diet friendly yet keep them enjoyable. For example, I will water down salad dressings (this works especially well with creamy dressings) to extend the condiment. This creates some math homework for me since I have to figure out the new nutritional values (usually its half of the original values) but I get to keep flavors in my diet that I'd have to cut out otherwise.

One of the more decadent treats I'm allowed to have on Medifast is peanut butter. I'm not supposed to eat it every day but...well, I want to because peanut butter is freaking amazing. Unfortunately even reduced fat peanut butters are still pretty fatty and really high in carbs.

So I started thinking about ways I could 'water' down my PB.
Obviously actually adding water would be sort of gross. Then I remembered seeing a pin on Pinterest about using Greek yogurt in place of sour cream for making vegetable dip. Why not try it with peanut butter and see what we get?

Here's what you'll need:
I enjoy my dip with my Medifast Cinnamon pretzels or on top of pancakes. It tastes so good on its own you might be tempted to eat it by the bowlful. At 32 calories per serving, you won't always have to resist temptation!

You can download the recipe card by clicking below.

0 comments: