Because this is easier than finishing the 80 posts I've started in the last month

0
I don't do a whole lot of these Q&A memes. However, its been, like, forever since I've posted anything here. I've been writing for other places - which is awesome - but I love here. I've neglected my space. But I'm also sort of not feeling this whole blogging thing right now. I want to, I honestly do. The ambition to write and share and laugh with y'all is there. I think I just have a little burn-out. And its not welcome at all. So I'm going to do this meme thing as a warm-up. 

Hopefully that will get things going again and I will post more than once a month. And here's the thing...I'm not apologetic about it. Because seriously, who really cares if I never share another fart joke or talk about what an obnoxious asshole I am, ever again. But I guess in some ways I am - to you and myself. And I think that's kind of weird and very delusions of grandeur-y. I won't kid you, I'm very full of myself. Seriously, I nearly bought this shirt today:
I guess what it really comes down to is that I feel like I've missed a lot of time at work. You know when you've missed so much time, and you have legitimate reasons, but you just know that the first time you even mildly screw up and don't have an earth-shattering excuse, your ass is grass. That's kinda how I feel about not being here. 

So...I'm here. And it's with a lame-ass meme...but I'm here.

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?

Oh man, I did so much that I've never done.

I ran a 10 mile race
an obstacle course that included fire

I ran a half marathon

I was on TV!


2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't usually make NY resolutions. This year I plan to though. I'm not sure what they are yet and will wait until the last minute to make them. (Which should probably be one of my resolutions...to stop waiting till the last minute to do everything.)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Jenni had a baby. But the birth I am most excited about won't happen until 1/3. My bestie is having her second child that day!
(sorry it's so blurry!)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness!

5. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More ambition to stay organized and on top of goals.

6. What countries did you visit?
Tennessee. Yes, I know that Tennessee is not a country...but it should be! Gatlinburg is very special. And I say that with a lot of love. Like 'here, unnecessary stamp my passport for this non-country because I am moving in" kind of love.

7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:

August 1, 2012 | I surpassed my goal weight.
 September 24, 2012 | I got kissed by a baby camel!
 AND I fed a giraffe! 
 AND I discovered moonshine!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
It's tough to choose. I really did a lot that I am proud of this year. Personally it was meeting my weight loss goal. Professionally, it was scoring a gig as a Community Manager for a major brand. Hopefully that will lead to even bigger things in 2013.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not maintaining my goal weight for a longer period of time. I've stayed within a respectable range but it's not where I want to be. I'm getting back to 140 in 2013!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Meh - just the usual cold/flu/black plague and some all-too-frequent pity parties.

11. What was the best thing you bought?


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Mine. Oh boy did I hold back this year. And I had SO much opportunity to wave my Asshole Flag. So much.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Mine. If you saw me at BlogHer'12, you know what I am talking about.
Apparently there was an incident with my boob. 

14. Where did most of your money go?

Barefoot Moscato and Kohl's thanks to my weight loss.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

So much...hmmm....I think I'm just going to have to go with getting kissed by a baby camel again.

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?


Shout out to Melinda's daughter, Sabreena.
That girl loves thrift shopping and this song as much as I do.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder? Happier

ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner. Healthier.

iii. richer or poorer? richer - but only by a few bucks.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

More running. I kinda fizzled out after September. And more crafting/painting/drawing. I really miss it, think about it every day and I don't make the time.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Barefoot Moscato

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

We spent Christmas with my parents. I have plans to spend next Christmas with my little family and a pool boy named Jose next year.

21. Question #21 was missing. So how about YOU ask ME a question in the comments?

22. Did you fall in love in 2012?

Every day when I got to wake up to my husband and Izzy...no matter how miserable, sassy, grumpy, sick, crabby, sarcastic, or beard endowed they may have been. For any trials we may have, even at our worst, they are my most favorite place to be.

23. How many one-night stands?

ummm...see #22. Unless we can count one-night stands as bottles of wine. If that's the case, I lost count.

24. What was your favorite TV program?

Currently, Parenthood. OH MY GOD that show is amazing and I have to thank Stephanie over at Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom for encouraging me to watch this show. I am totally hooked on her and it!

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I hate everyone. All the time. ::dirty look::

26. What was the best book you read?

Here's the thing, I really don't have time/don't make time to read. But I listen to audio books at work. I just finished Tina Fey's BossyPants and loved it.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?


28. What did you want and get?

Jeggings. Oh the shame.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

Tangled. I know it didn't come out this year. But holy shit I love that movie.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I was in NYC at BlogHer'12. I went out to dinner with great blogging friends and sucked down a 32oz margarita...which explains #13.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Powerball. Powerball is always the answer to this question.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?

Work: As close to pajamas as I can get without them instating a dress code in the company handbook.
Personally: Whatever that mannequin at Kohl's was wearing.

34. What kept you sane?

I feel bad using the answer Moscato again. So I will give you the bullshit answer of yoga and friends.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Jill Zaren - but only because she complimented me A LOT. I know it was all fake and nonsense (she didn't even look me in the eyes once). But I talked to her for the better part of 30 minutes - I couldn't believe she gave me that much time! I'm a whore for reality TV.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

There wasn't really an issue per say. But the way people acted during the election really bugged me. Someone went so far as to call me a 'baby killer' because I believe in reproductive rights. They also insinuated that I was unintelligent because they believed I was a 'one-issue' voter (I am not). Overall, each side was just nasty, nasty, nasty. 

37. Who did you miss?

My friend Steph in Florida :( Thank goodness for Facebook and Gchat! I miss you bunches and I hope 2013 puts us in the same room at least once.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I can only pick one? Because I've met or gotten to better know so many great people this year; most notably the 183 members of the Philadelphia Social Media Moms.
But if I have to pick one new person, I'll go with Melinda from Look What Mom Found. We met through our Philly networking group but she was nearly in my backyard all this time and I didn't even know it! She literally lives 2 minutes from my BFF's house. Sometimes I feel guilty if I visit one and not the other. ;)

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
Always go with your gut on something. Even if you end up being wrong, you probably avoided a lot of trouble. But you won't be wrong.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

"I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart"

—————-

So...that's it. I acquired this meme over at Mommy Wants Vodka. She has a link-up going on over there if you want to join in.

0 comments: