Take it off | Week 40: New Challenges, nudity and cake

0


Gotta love the roller coaster ride that is weight loss. Have I given you a stomach ache yet with all my loop de loops and ups and downs? Because I'm sick of them. I had a much better week this past week than I did the week of Thanksgiving for sure. But I feel like I'm knee deep in mud and it takes forever to get anywhere. 

Trudge.

Trudge.

Trudge.

After Thanksgiving and all the rain in the past week or so and a ridiculous schedule, I found myself losing my ambition to exercise. I decided I needed a new challenge to get me going again. I'm definitely going to keep up the running and do more 5k's. But with the cold weather, the events are few and far between. So I'll keep running, working on my time and distance but I still need a new goal. 

Last month I attempted the Mamavation Two Week Challenge. I got about four days in and I had to make a choice: either get someone to humanely euthanize me or give it up. Y'all, between the challenge and training for the 5k, I couldn't even sit down on the toilet because of all the muscle pain I had. I was attempting too much at once. So when the third round of the Mamavation challenge was announced, I knew I had to try again.

For all my good intentions though, I feel like everything is working against me lately.

The challenge started yesterday and I was already off to a terrible start. Work has been hectic and I ended up having to work overtime on Monday night. I got home too late to do much of anything. So I got up a little early this morning and did Day 1 and will do Day 2 this evening.

Work is nuts. That's about all I can say.

Also a good portion of my already too small house is under construction. Still. We have about 400 square feet of livable space right now and I'm probably being too generous. The bathroom and closets don't really count.

Izzy and I keep trading colds. As soon as I got over the last cold, I got another. As colds always seem to do, once again it makes me want to eat EVERYTHING. I'm not...but I WANT to. Currently I have two tissues shoved up my nose so that I can keep my hands free for typing.

No really, I do.
Because that much snot is trying to get out of my head. I'm certain that some of it is brain matter or spinal fluids. Or both.

I've also been struggling to get in my water. For real, I'm shocked that I even pee anymore. I haven't been to the beach in about a year. Pretty sure the sand is from the desert in my bladder.

Despite it all, and with the exception of my poor water intake, I'm staying on plan - even though my cold is all 'F the plan. CAAAAKE!'

No Cold, I will not eat cake. 

Even if you went here, ordered me a cake and had it sent to my house all fresh and delivered by a naked Bradly Cooper, I would not eat that cake. No sir. 

So on my agenda for this week:
  • Keep up with the Mamavation Challenge.
  • Run when the weather permits.
  • Get better and stay better/ build plastic bubble.
  • Keep resisting that urge to eat everything. (Does it count if I print out food photos from Pinterest and eat those? Is paper low-carb? Probably not.)
  • Water, water, water.
  • Pick up a book about mindful eating to help prevent future binge eating. (a topic I will touch on later after the snot rivers stop)
  • ummmm....some other totally healthy thing that I had in mind but just fell out of my brain. crap.
  • cut out condiments again. boo.
  • Continue to track everything that goes in my mouth.
  • start using the Calorie Burners again. I had fallen away from using them despite seeing results. I just got lazy. Because you know, it's really had to add powder to water and freaking shake it.

Ok, it's time for me to do Day 2 of the Mamavation Challenge before I slip into my Nyquil coma for the night. But before I go, two things. I'm down .8 this week. Not exactly what I was hoping for but...eh...I think at this point I just need to move on. I'm not doing myself any favors by dwelling on it.

Second thing, hop on over to Medifast's Facebook page. They are giving away one of their new personal blenders. I have an older model but I can tell you it is BAD ASS. Like, Magic Bullet has nothing on this blender.

Third thing (ok, I know I said it was only two, but whatever) we didn't win the wedding re-do contest. Boo. Hiss. But congrats to the couple that did and a sincere, from the bottom of my cake craving heart, thank you to those that voted for us. I really appreciate the support!

And again, I will not eat naked Bradley Cooper cake. Nope. 


No way.




Seriously, screw reverse psychology. Send the damn Bradley Cooper cake. Looking doesn't have any calories.
This. But with 100%  more nakedness. Thank yooouuuu.
Month One: -16 lbs
Month Two: -5 lbs
Month Three: -6 lbs
Month Four: -6 lbs
Month Five: -6 lbs
Month Six: -8.5 lbs
Month Seven: -7.5 lbs
Month Eight: -5 lbs
Month Nine: -2 lbs
Week thirty seven: -1 lbs
Week thirty eight: -3 lbs (wowza!)
Week thirty nine: -.2 lbs (pssshhhhhh.)
Week fourty: -.8

Total: 67 lbs gone forever!
Current weight: 173 lbs
Distance from goal: 33 lbs!!

If you're interested in trying Medifast, I have a great deal for you! Use the code TURNIP50 to get $50 off an order of $275.
*FTC Disclosure: Medifast provides their products for my personal use for free. I am not paid or compensated in any other way for mentioning their products. All thoughts written here are mine. I love complaining so I would tell you if I didn't like something in the program. :)

~*Stephanie aka Goober Monkey*~
~*Jenni aka Jenni From the Blog*~
~*Eileen aka Bringing Up Bronwyn*~
~*Laura akaWho you are is Enough*~

0 comments: