Take it off | Week 41: Surprise!

0
Hey y'all! I know some of you have been anxiously awaiting more of my whining.

No?

Hmmm... well, I'm going to do it anyway. I'm still sick! Woot! /sarcasm

But I'm in that stupid tail end of sickness where its just an annoying cough that almost makes you pee your pants. And that trickle of snot that is just enough to make your husband consider divorce if you sniffle one more time because it doesn't actually help to blow your nose.

I don't have a lot to report this week unless you want to hear more about my snot. Yeah, I didn't think so. I'm pretty well back on track this past week. I am down two pounds. Yay! This was in spite of the carb-laden cold medicine I was eating like I was on an old school cookie binge. I have to credit water for this week's loss. I was really chugging this past week and it definitely helped.

I do have something really exciting to share with you. I got a chance to visit the mother land! 

Okay, now I'm not a complete dork...okay I am...but Jenni and I didn't just go to Medifast Corporate Headquarters just to see the awesome in action. We actually had a purpose. We wanted to thank the fantastic people at Medifast for sponsoring us all these months and, in my case, completely changing my life. A sentiment I was so glad to finally express in person and almost got through it without crying. I only cried a little. ;)

Jenni and I wanted to surprise Renee, our main contact, biggest cheerleader and someone we've never actually had a chance to meet in person. I contacted her boss, Brian, to help us arrange a surprise visit. And surprise her we did! 

I was so tickled when we walked up to her desk, said hi and watched that wave of recognition wash over her face. 

Unfortunately Stephanie couldn't be there - but she was definitely there in spirit. She even had some epic timing by texting me a hello to Renee just as we were meeting her!
There were hugs all around and then Jenni and I presented Renee with a gift to thank her for all that she has done for us.
I had a mug made from the caricature we had done at Blogher. The backside is a list of our 'hit songs'.

I also whipped up some gifts for Brian and my dietitian Jen. Some cookies in a cute container and some Paper White bulbs to occupy the container after the cookies are gone.
Tomorrow I will tell you the story of the WTF cookies inside the containers.

We got a tour of the whole place. Can I tell you how envious I am of their office? Everything was so bright and pretty. Best of all everyone seemed really happy. It was very obvious that the employees are cared for and enjoy the work they do.

The first stop was the breakroom - fully stocked with Medifast foods.
Oh and look at that! A Medifast employee having a Medifast lunch!
One of the conference rooms:
The gym, OMG the gym! (which is free and for employees only!!!) Apparently my dietician and her husband won an award for being the employees that frequent the gym the most! And Dianne, Medifast's Web production Coordinator (and a star in the Renee, Brian and Dianne Medifast Twitter reality show) is the mayor of the gym. In fact, Renee tells me that Dianne's mayorship will be long standing. Foursquare does not even tell you how many visits it will take people to oust her! 
ummm...even the bathrooms were super nice.

Yup. Totally took photos of the bathroom. I have no shame.

We also got to meet all of the dietitians on staff, see the call center, and meet a few big wigs. Finally it was time to say our goodbyes.
Renee, Jenni, me and Brian
I've always been so impressed with Medifast and it's online presence and interactions with people on all aspects of social media. Renee and Brian work so hard to put a fun and supportive presence online. Meeting them in person only impressed me more. Now more than ever I am a banner waving #MFer! And if I lived any closer to their offices, I'd be begging for a position!

Renee, Brian, Jen and everyone at Medifast, thank you so much for hosting us. But more than anything thank you for supporting us and changing our lives. We enjoyed our visit so much and hope we get another opportunity to swing by sometime. Because, well, I am only 31lbs from goal and I'll need to come show that off!

Month One: -16 lbs
Month Two: -5 lbs
Month Three: -6 lbs
Month Four: -6 lbs
Month Five: -6 lbs
Month Six: -8.5 lbs
Month Seven: -7.5 lbs
Month Eight: -5 lbs
Month Nine: -2 lbs
Week thirty seven: -1 lbs
Week thirty eight: -3 lbs (wowza!)
Week thirty nine: -.2 lbs (pssshhhhhh.)
Week fourty: -.8
Week fourty one: -2

Total: 69 lbs gone forever!
Current weight: 171 lbs
Distance from goal: 31 lbs!!

If you're interested in trying Medifast, I have a great deal for you! Use the code TURNIP50 to get $50 off an order of $275.
*FTC Disclosure: Medifast provides their products for my personal use for free. I am not paid or compensated in any other way for mentioning their products. All thoughts written here are mine. I love complaining so I would tell you if I didn't like something in the program. :)

~*Stephanie aka Goober Monkey*~
~*Jenni aka Jenni From the Blog*~
~*Eileen aka Bringing Up Bronwyn*~
~*Laura akaWho you are is Enough*~

0 comments: