Recipe | Summer Dreams Smoothie

0

To ward off more ickies in our house, Izzy and Christian are drinking more orange juice. (OJ is sadly not on my diet plan until I meet my weight loss goal.) Since we are having a very strange winter here with warmer than usual temps, I often find myself daydreaming about summer time and craving fruity drinks. I thought I'd switch it up a bit and make smoothies today. 


Now, if you've spent any amount of time on my blog, you know that I am no master of the kitchen. In fact, I am a down right disaster. My recipes are full of blunders, missing info, maybe a few swear words and the end result is almost always ugly. Surprisingly though - they are always tasty! So this is my attempt at whipping up a healthy smoothie for the kid and husband anyway. 


Here's what you'll need for the smoothie:
Ice
100% Florida Orange Juice
Strawberries
Honey
Apple
Bananas
Vanilla Greek Yogurt
(and ignore the Bai and the Jell-o in the photo.
Both are awesome but I ended up not
using either- which I will tell you about in a minute.)

I had originally planned on throwing in some blueberry Bai for flavor. But then I remembered that Bai is caffeinated. That would NOT have gone over well with Izzy. I can barely keep this kid from spontaneously combusting on a daily basis. I certainly won't let her sip on anything with caffeine in it. And I was going to make a popsicle/smoothie creation with the Jell-o. But then these two sucked up all my supplies!


I did manage to snag a few cups to throw in the freezer for quick blending in the morning.


So as you can see, even a disaster in the kitchen like me can whip up a nutritious and tasty smoothie. If you attempt this, let me know how it turns out.


If not, I completely understand. ;)

If you'd like more information on the benefits of 100% Florida Orange juice, you can check out their site or follow them on Facebook
You can follow Safeway on Facebook and Twitter for more great health tips and savings opportunities.
You can check out more of my shopping trip here.

This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All opinions are my own. #CBias and #FloridaOJ

0 comments: