Take it off, Week 17: Shake it up!

0


Remember last week when I was all down in the dumps about things moving slowly? How I was jealous about people hitting goals faster than I have been? Well, I'm still jealous (ha!) but I feel a lot better this week. I learned a really important lesson over the last few weeks though. I need to 'shake' things up every few weeks.

I'm a creature of habit and when I find things that I like, I stick with them for.ev.er.

My daily meal routine consisted of:

Breakfast: Brownie with 1tbsp of PB2. Coffee with a sugar free syrup.
Mid-Morning: Crunch bar (lately I have been obsessed with the Chocolate Mint bar. No joke, just like a Girl Scout Thin Mint.)
Lunch: Soup or Parmesan Cheese Puffs
Mid-Afternoon: Usually another bar because I eat it in the car on the way home
Dinner: I always have my Lean & Green for dinner so I can have a meal with my family. Lately its lots of salads with pre-cooked chicken. We are trying to use the A/C in the house as little as possible - so cooking is kept to a minimum.
Snack: Always shake with lots of crushed ice. My absolute favorite is the Swiss Mocha shake.

On the recommendation of a few people and my dietician, I decided to switch things up. I've mentioned before that water is key for me to lose weight. I try to drink a gallon of water or more a day. Weekends are always rough in that department. We are on the go a lot and honestly, I fear not being able to find a bathroom. But I decided to 'shake' things up the past week. I thought the more liquid I could get into myself, all the better. 

So my new routine has been:

Breakfast: Shake w/ a spoonful of instant coffee and blended with ice
Mid-Morning: Crunch bar or Puffs
Lunch: Shake w/ crushed ice. My co-workers have been quite curious about my little HealthMate Blender.
Mid-Afternoon: crunch bar
Dinner: More salads in the past week but I'm really switching it up this week. I went to Trader Joes and picked up some meatless options and tuna steaks. I haaaaate fish. So I'm praying I can choke down this tuna.
Snack: Another shake blended w/ ice. Really, I like the shakes a lot. I am an ice cream freak and they come out of the blender so creamy that its the perfect replacement.

What were the results of shaking things up? I'm down two pounds! Actually I am down a little more than 2 but I don't really count the fractions of a pound. Y'all, I am at 205. Five pounds from One-derland. I am really pushing for a BIG loss this week. I would love so much to tell you all that I have hit 200lbs or 199lbs by next Monday. But I won't be upset if I don't. After all, I am so very close and it will feel just as awesome whenever I get there.

On a side note, I wanted to mention something to other Medifasters. I was not aware before last week that we should not give blood. I had planned to give blood on Saturday but after talking to my dietician, I realized it was not a good idea. Did you know that giving blood burns over 600 calories? I had no clue! While this might sound awesome and the perfect excuse to skip your workout, personally for me it wasn't worth the risk of passing out and cracking my skull open. Not to mention that it could potentially take days to recover.

So I will give blood in the future - maybe up my calories for a few days before and after to prepare - but for now I will hold off. If you are thinking of donating, talk to your nutritionist or doctor first. Because Medifast (and any diet really) is calorie restrictive, giving blood may not be good for your health. But there's nothing saying you can't be charitable with your time with other organizations. :)

Week one: -7 lbs
Week two: -5 lbs
Week three: -1 lbs
Week four: -3 lbs
Week five: -0 lbs (maintain on vacation)
Week six: -2 lbs
Week seven: -1.6 lbs
Week eight: -1.5 lbs
Week nine: -0 lbs le sigh. damn gravity!
Week ten: -3 lbs
Week eleven: -2 lbs
Week twelve: -1 lb
Week thirteen: -1 lb
Week fourteen: -2 lb
Week fifteen: -2 lb
Week sixteen: -1 lb
Week seventeen: -2 lb
Total: 35 lbs gone forever!
If you're interested in trying Medifast, I have a great deal for you!  Use the code TURNIP50 to get $50 off an order of $275. 
*FTC  Disclosure: Medifast provides their products for my personal use for  free. I am not paid or compensated in any other way for mentioning    their products.  All thoughts  written here are mine. I love complaining  so I would tell you if I didn't like something in  the program. :)


~*Stephanie aka Goober Monkey*~
~*Jenni aka Jenni From the Blog*~
~*Tiffany aka Mom-Nom*~
~*Censide aka Building Our Story*~

0 comments: