Take it off | Week 29: Excavating and other stuff

0

First, I want to thank everyone for their support last week. It's been a tough month for me and I appreciate the support so very much. I hope my comments did not come across as being ungrateful or unaware that you all are out there. It was more a mourning of being in a different place than my teammates and not a commentary on the community in general.

As these layers of fat come off, a funny thing happens. It's like I'm excavating my own body for artifacts that are better left buried. Lots of emotions get stirred up with the struggle to lose, getting used to people treating you differently and watching your peers meet their goals and move on. It's not easy but I know it will get easier...or at the very least, different. I am nowhere near to a point of giving up - not with as far as I've come! Besides, I could not live with myself if I let you all down after all the energy you've put in to cheering me on.

I'd love to report to you all that I've rallied and I'm feeling like a new woman this week. Unfortunately it's not quite the case. No worries, I am clawing my way out of this funk and I can see the light, I just need to keep pushing forward. But my tenacity is yet again being challenged by a small loss. I'm only down one pound this week thanks to TOM. Boo! And yes, I am blaming Mother Nature because I kicked ass at staying on plan this past week. I'm confident that I will have a bigger loss next week.

I do have quite a few NSV's to report though. The biggest and most important one is that I am 'overweight'! 


You might be scratching your head and wondering why I am happy about this. Well, it means that I am no longer 'obese'. My current BMI is 29.8.  Only 30lbs to a BMI that is on the high side of normal. :)
I honestly could not tell you if I have ever been 'overweight' before in my life. I am pretty sure that from birth to now that I have always been 'obese'. So I am pretty psyched about that!


Over the weekend I pulled out my box of "Shit that don't fit" (yes, that's actually the label on the box). Guess what? Everything in the box fits! Not only am I back in my pre-pregnancy jeans, all of which are a Junior's size 15 (so I guess that's probably a 14 in an adult size?) A few pairs are a little loose - but I suppose that's just a difference in cut and style. I'll take it! :)  (If you are wondering, I buy Juniors jeans because the inseam tends to be shorter and I have stumpy legs.)
I also bought myself another pair of heels because the more I lose, the more comfortable they are to walk in. I'm pretty excited to reserve my sneakers for exercise purposes! The heavier me could really only wear flip-flops, flats and sneakers without having crushed toes and back pains.

I've also decided to challenge myself in the kitchen. I am experimenting with Medifast recipes. I'm a pretty lazy cook which is why Medifast works so well for me. Most of the work is already done for me. Realistically though, I need to think about the future and what will happen when I am in maintenance. There won't be a big box of food on my doorstep just waiting to be eaten. I will actually have to take real and true responsibility for the food that comes into my home and goes in my body.

I am rolling up my sleeves and diving into the true versatility that Medifast offers. Thanks to kitchen wizards like Sandy over at Sandy's Kitchen, I can turn all of my Medifast meals into new and exciting things. This weekend I made her Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake Muffins (sans cream cheese topping). These muffins are so freaking good! And I love how they sort of puff up and get really big.
It makes it seems like I am having a big treat but really I am staying 100% on plan. If I had a birthday coming up I totally would have made a birthday 'cupcake' out of this recipe.

This week I am going to make the blueberry 'granola'. We are going on a road trip to Canada and I want to make sure I have some fun snacks for the road so that I am not tempted along the way.


And lastly, here's a pick of my in my size 15's from the weekend:
The sun was in my eyes.
I was going to get one of me standing in them - but I forgot. heh. I think this photo is even better though because it shows that I can comfortably sit in them and not burst at the seems! I love this green shirt. It conceals my bat wings so well. :)

Hope everyone has a great week with whatever challenge you are facing. I'll be rooting for you!


Month One: -16 lbs
Month Two: -5 lbs
Month Three: -6 lbs
Month Four: -6 lbs
Month Five: -6 lbs
Month Six: -8.5 lbs
Month Seven: -7.5 lbs
Week twenty nine: -1 lbs

Total: 56 lbs gone forever!
Current weight: 184 lbs
Distance from goal: 44 lbs!!

If you're interested in trying Medifast, I have a great deal for you! Use the code TURNIP50 to get $50 off an order of $275.
*FTC Disclosure: Medifast provides their products for my personal use for free. I am not paid or compensated in any other way for mentioning their products. All thoughts written here are mine. I love complaining so I would tell you if I didn't like something in the program. :)

~*Stephanie aka Goober Monkey*~
~*Jenni aka Jenni From the Blog*~
~*Tiffany aka Momnom*~
~*Eileen aka Bringing Up Bronwyn*~
~*Laura akaWho you are is Enough*~

0 comments: