Take it off, Week 20: I'm getting there!.....eventually.

0

I have a self portrait for you all today.

This is the interpretation of the ongoing battle of Me vs. My Body.



See the jet pack? That's me. That is how I was all week. Zoom, zoom zoom. I've upped my exercise (y'all I am **sorta** running. More on that in a minute.) See that snail? That's the Body. My body, its as slow as slow can be. I lost a pound this week. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed because I busted my ass this week. But I am okay with it too. Its a weird feeling. I am all 'YOU MOTHER EFFER!!!' at the scale and then I get dressed and I am all 'Well, a pound is a pound and no matter what, I am doing something good for my body and my life.' as I slip on my loose clothing.

I knew my body was going to fight me to get under 200lbs. I've been so big for so long - how could it not be like 'Hold up! WTF do you think you are doing? This is what we are!'.

Well, ok Body. I get it. Change is difficult and puts you in a weird place and comes with all sorts of icky yet conflicting euphoric feelings. But umm, Body, I like you and all but we are doing some renovations and you can either suck it up or get to gettin'. And really, we don't work well without each other, so let's compromise. I'll do all the work and you just move at your pace. It's totally cool with me as long as we are moving in the right direction.

(Yes, I actually had this conversation with my body.)

I know you are saying 'Hold on Kell, what's this running nonsense? You aren't the most motivated exerciser the world has seen.' Well that's the beauty of losing weight, you get motivated to do other things. I wouldn't necessarily call what I do 'running' because I am not very fast. Let's call it 'wunning'. Because if you saw me you might think oh there is a lady walking. But no I am, in fact, attempting to run. I'm just not that fast. You could probably pass me if you were walking. :P

I've mentioned before that I walk nearly every day during my lunch break. In a very Forrest Gump moment, one day last week I just decided that walking wasn't fast enough and I started run-ning-a (say that in the Gump voice). I think, for me, I've done pretty well. I've been averaging about a mile and a half in about twenty or so minutes (STOP LAUGHING). I have a limited amount of time to run since my break is only a half hour. So I follow up at night with some other form of exercise to round out the day. On Saturday I went a little over two miles in a half hour.

So yeah...I guess for now I am 'wunning'. We'll see where it takes me. I'm not exactly looking to run any marathons or anything. I'll just call this experimental exercise since I'm not quite sure if I like it or not.

I also had lots of NSV's this week. First, I was on plan 100% this week. I rarely make any big cheats but things slip in here and there. So its a big deal to say I was on plan 100%. Even with a trip to Dutch Wonderland I managed to stay on plan. You might be asking why this resulted in a measly one pound loss - but I will tell you I am definitely losing inches. I'm less flabby and my clothes are ridiculously loose. So my best guess is that my fat is being replaced with muscle mass and that is just canceling out lower numbers on the scale.

I went shopping twice this week. I desperately needed new bras. I've gone down from a 42DD to a 38D and I am officially in a size 16 (I was nearly a 22 when I started Medifast). I almost bought some 14's but they were still a bit snug. Hold on to your hats people: I bought shorts. SHORTS! And you know what else? When I walk, they don't ride up. I don't get the thigh wedgie anymore!

My favorite shopping moment this week though was when I went to Kohl's yesterday. Everything I bought came from the regular sized section. Not Women's. Not Plus. Just the good old fashioned ladies section!

I have also consistently tracked all of my food and exercise in the past two weeks. I am terrible about this but its a necessary evil. I am no good if I just try to 'remember' what I've had, especially if I happen to have a snack during the course of the day.

So I am still moving in the right direction. It may not be as fast as I'd like but I'm getting there.

Hey buddy, can you pick up the pace?
I've got places to be.

Month One: -16 lbs
Month Two: -5
Month Three: -6 lb
Month Four: -6 lb

Week seventeen: -2 lb
Week eighteen: -2 lb (Holy shit y'all! I'm below pre-pregnancy weight!)
Week nineteen: -1 lb
Week twenty: -1 lb

Total: 39 lbs gone forever!

If you're interested in trying Medifast, I have a great deal for you!  Use the code TURNIP50 to get $50 off an order of $275. 
*FTC  Disclosure: Medifast provides their products for my personal use for  free. I am not paid or compensated in any other way for mentioning    their products.  All thoughts  written here are mine. I love complaining  so I would tell you if I didn't like something in  the program. :)

~*Stephanie aka Goober Monkey*~
~*Jenni aka Jenni From the Blog*~
~*Censide aka Building Our Story*~

0 comments: