Take it off: Week 22

0

Oh, hey there! Yeah, I'm still here. Barely.

Want to see what I've been working on? Too bad, you can't.
Just kidding :) That's actually part of what I have been working on for BlogHer'11 and I will show you everything in another post.

Did you forget I was going? I haven't talked about it too much on Twitter or here - but yes, I am going to BlogHer'11 in San Diego thanks to Medifast. So if you are going and want to know more about the plan or get a free sample, give me a shout and we'll meet up. I am so proud to get the opportunity to represent this brand. So if you see me walking around don't be shy! I am a talker. I will tell you about Medifast, my kid, my husband, the dog and cat, my quirks, my hobbies, things that I should get arrested for, everything.

You are probably asking 'But how will I know who you are?'.

Well, aren't you in luck! I have a photo of me right here, snapped right after I got to One-derland last week. Feel free to make yourself an 8x10 glossy to keep in your wallet for reference. ;)



Oh wait, it gets better! I lost another three pounds this week. THREE! I think my body has finally decided that it likes this One-derland stuff and we are just chuggin' along. I am down to 195lbs, that is one pound away from what I weighed when I got married in 2007. Time for more wedding dress photos! Even better, 195 is the blatant lie I used on my driver's license. How many people can say they actually weigh what their driver's license says?

Okay, let's get serious for a moment. Last week you may recall that I have decided that I will begin going to OEA meetings. After discussing this with my dietician (Hi Jenn!) she informed me that Medifast has an addiction counselor on staff. I had no idea! Look, I'm not going to beat around the bush, I have a food addiction (duh, right?). I think about food a lot. I obsess over it a lot. I (used to) overeat a lot. I have a lot of anxiety about food. And while I feel that I have overcome a lot in the past five months, I know in my heart, that without some preventative maintenance, I will not overcome this in the long term. So I am going to begin utilizing the food addiction counseling through Medifast and see where it takes me. Honestly this move is in its infancy (as in I totally forgot to return Nick's phone call to find out what this is all about). So once I have more info on this, I will fill you all in. And I will let you know how you, as a potential or current Medifaster can utilize this service.

But can I tell you how scary this is? I mean really, I could sit here and cry right now over it. In part, it's fear because I will have to open up and talk about food related issues that I am not proud of. Admit to myself and someone else the things that make me abuse food and myself. On the other hand though, they would be tears of joy that I am making an attempt to let all of this go. Tears of pride that I am doing this for myself and my family. So for all the shame or embarrassment that I might have, it will be far overshadowed by the freedom this process will create. And of course I will continue to be open with all of you but I hope you will give me time or understand if I don't tell you every gritty detail. After all, everyone is entitled to their privacy and there are other people in my life (that have played a role in this) that I have to think about as well.

In short, we'll just see how this play out.

As for BlogHer - well, I am totally freaking out over that food situation. There will be A LOT of temptation. Most of it will be in the booze department. And since I will be there on my birthday, I plan on treating myself to a drink or two...or 20. I keeed! I keeeed! I've already asked my Medifast buddies, Jenni and Stephanie, to keep me in check. Plus I will burn some calorie with a 5k Fun Run on Friday morning (in which I will predict that I walk 90% of it) and on Saturday morning, y'all I get to work out with Bob from the Biggest Loser!!!! I'm just a little excited about that. I'm hoping to lose but will be thrilled to maintain while I am away.


San Diego, here I come! If you are gonna be there, I hope you will come find me!

Month One: -16 lbs
Month Two: -5
Month Three: -6 lb
Month Four: -6 lb
Week seventeen: -2 lb
Week eighteen: -2 lb (Holy shit y'all! I'm below pre-pregnancy weight!)
Week nineteen: -1 lb
Week twenty: -1 lb
Week twenty one: -3 lb
Week twenty two: -3 lb

Total: 45 lbs gone forever!

If you're interested in trying Medifast, I have a great deal for you!  Use the code TURNIP50 to get $50 off an order of $275. 
*FTC  Disclosure: Medifast provides their products for my personal use for  free. I am not paid or compensated in any other way for mentioning their products. All thoughts  written here are mine. I love complaining  so I would tell you if I didn't like something in  the program. :)

~*Stephanie aka Goober Monkey*~
~*Jenni aka Jenni From the Blog*~
~*Censide aka Building Our Story*~

0 comments: