Take it off, Week 24: Rising from the ashes

0

Today I weigh 192.5 pounds. Right on the nose. 

I am down 2.5 pounds since last week.

My lowest weight in my adult life was 194 pounds - exactly what I weighed on my wedding day.

I am 1.5 pounds lighter than I was the day this photo was taken.

So today, I am officially picking up where I left off before I let myself balloon up to 240 pounds. Since beginning Medifast, I knew I'd be very happy to make it back to my 'wedding weight'. But I never thought about the feeling I'd get when I surpassed it. 

When I stepped on the scale this morning, I knew that somehow today would be different. I closed my eyes, stepped on the scale, gave it a moment to register and looked down.

192.5

I didn't jump with joy or cry or do a jiggly jig around the bathroom scale. Rather I felt like a Phoenix. I stepped off the scale, and as a satisfied grin slid across my face I mentally scooped up the ashes of my past failures and moved forward with the confidence of knowing that I can meet my goals. I know now that its possible to fail time and again but still find success. I just have to have patience and keep trying. Burn it all down and start again if I have to. I can't be afraid to try something new. I can't let others opinions influence my choices - no matter how much I value their thoughts. I can't let one bad day spiral into two, three days until months and years later I find myself feeling defeated by the challenge before me and regretting the time that I've wasted. 

I will overcome.

I will rise above.

I will do it all in spite of myself, my biggest obstacle.

I am a Phoenix.

Illustration by n.design studio

Month One: -16 lbs
Month Two: -5 lbs
Month Three: -6 lbs
Month Four: -6 lbs

Month Five: -6 lbs
Week twenty one: -3 lbs
Week twenty two: -3 lbs
Week twenty three: 0 (maintained)
Week twenty four: -2.5lbs

Total: 47.5 lbs gone forever!

If you're interested in trying Medifast, I have a great deal for you!  Use the code TURNIP50 to get $50 off an order of $275. 
*FTC  Disclosure: Medifast provides their products for my personal use for  free. I am not paid or compensated in any other way for mentioning their products. All thoughts  written here are mine. I love complaining  so I would tell you if I didn't like something in  the program. :)

~*Stephanie aka Goober Monkey*~
~*Jenni aka Jenni From the Blog*~
~*Tiffany aka Momnom*~
~*Eileen aka Bringing Up Bronwyn*~
~*Amanda aka Mandalyn and the stinky cheese*~
~*Laura akaWho you are is Enough*~



0 comments: