Take it off | Week 32: Carbs have ruined Fall for me

0



I used to love Fall. Love, love, love. And (inner) healthy me would tell you (*ahem* lie to you) that it was the crisp air, the turning of the foliage, sweater weather, hay rides, and picking out costumes for Halloween.

But unhealthy, indulgent, binge eating me would have told you that I love fall because it meant honeycrisp apples, candy corn, pecan pie, apple cider, apple cider donuts, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin coffee, halloween candy that is individually wrapped in 'fun sizes' that I would convince myself was okay to eat because they are so tiny.

Oh and lets not forget the new seasonal treat of pumpkin pop-tarts. I don't care what the beloved 'Hungry Girl' tells us. Pumpkin is officially the diet devil.

One of the biggest challenges of weight loss is finding new ways to live your life. This is especially true when it comes to times of celebration and gathering. Fall is a time for apple picking, pumpkin patches, hay rides with hot apple cider and seasonally flavored baked goods. We get all bundled up in our fleece, head out to the farms and spend the afternoon carb-loading and laying around on bales of hay.

Since I live a life of low-carb, low-fat, and low-cal eating, I have to find a new way to live and love Fall. Thank goodness I can still flop around on bales of hay! I can still take part in all the fall fun but this means nibbles instead of shoving it in until I bust. It means refraining from the urge to sample all of it. It means that Fall will be here again next year and if I miss out on an apple cider donut or twelve, its ok, there is always next year. I'm not sacrificing. I'm making better choices for the greater good. So that I will be here for many more hayrides for years to come.

Something I do still love about Fall though is the cooler weather. It has helped to make doing this, a little easier:

Yes, I'm actually doing it. Yes, I'm actually going to finish it. And god help me I'm picking out a 5k to run in December. At the encouragement of several people that apparently want me dead, they said I should choose a race so that I stick with the program. I hope you bastards are working on your upper body strength. Because when I pass the eff out and vomit all over myself, you are sure as hell dragging my ass across the finish line.

Oh and how is this for torture? Pretty sure my first 5k will be this race:
FML
But I'm doing this. I might pass out, or throw up, or poop my pants (I hear that's an issue for some runners!) or I might end up walking to the finish line while cursing Jennifer, Kiely, Amanda and Alison (that's right bitches. I'm making a list of who I should hate after I finish this ridiculousness) wait for me at the end. But either way, I'm doing it. And I might just do it again because (and don't tell anyone) I kinda like it so far.

OH! OH! I also did this little thing over the weekend. Really its no big deal probably not even worth mentioning. Pssshhh such a small thing. I don't know why I'm even going to bother....

I hit 60 pounds.

See? No big thing. :)


Month One: -16 lbs
Month Two: -5 lbs
Month Three: -6 lbs
Month Four: -6 lbs
Month Five: -6 lbs
Month Six: -8.5 lbs
Month Seven: -7.5 lbs
Week twenty nine: -1 lbs
Week thirty: -2 lbs
Week thirty one: -0.5 lbs
Week thirty two: -1.5 lbs

Total: 60 lbs gone forever!
Current weight: 180 lbs
Distance from goal: 40 lbs!!

If you're interested in trying Medifast, I have a great deal for you! Use the code TURNIP50 to get $50 off an order of $275.
*FTC Disclosure: Medifast provides their products for my personal use for free. I am not paid or compensated in any other way for mentioning their products. All thoughts written here are mine. I love complaining so I would tell you if I didn't like something in the program. :)

~*Stephanie aka Goober Monkey*~
~*Jenni aka Jenni From the Blog*~
~*Tiffany aka Momnom*~
~*Eileen aka Bringing Up Bronwyn*~
~*Laura akaWho you are is Enough*~

0 comments: