Take it off | Week 43: The Hangover

0

The holidays are finally over! 

Now what?

Personally, I'm recovering from my food hangover. While I'm okay with my indulgences over the weekend I'm more than ready to get back on track. So how do we do this? Well we can't turn back the clock, un-eat the cookies or un-drink the wine and eggnog....umm unless you had waaaay too much of it and it un-drank itself. (If ya catch my meaning.)

Here's what you can do...it's what I did anyway.
  • Start your day with a huge glass of water. I followed that up with more water and a Medifast meal.
  • Sweat it out! I didn't get a lot of opportunity to work out on Monday. So I had a little dance off when no one was looking. But we went to the aquarium and did a ton of walking. 
  • Get back on plan and stay there! Throw away the left-overs if you think you can't stay away from them (which is what I did with the mini cinnamon buns).
I am in full-on detox mode now and so glad for it. 

Here's the run-down of my holiday weekend. This is full disclosure people. Keep in mind that I did not really indulge in many off plan treats leading up to the holiday. Even at our office party I chose on plan foods for lunch and then had the rest of my 'green' for dinner that night.

Friday we went out for Mexican. I got my usual chicken fajita (sans tortilla and the other fatty/high crab fixin's) and I treated myself to a margarita. 

Feliz Navidad!
I'm not sure if it's funny or sad that the watch I am wearing is a heart monitor/pedometer
to track my calories burned and steps taken. What a joke!
Saturday was a great, on plan day in preparation of brunch on Sunday. This was basically my damage control day. I knew I probably would not see a loss this week but definitely didn't want a gain! I was very methodical about what I ate, choosing the meals that would give me the lowest amount of total carbs for the day. Also I drank gallons of water - seriously, gallons.
Sunday I made a slew of bad foods for the family: pancakes, mini cinnamon buns, sausage, turkey bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits with sausage gravy, hash brown casserole (mom's contribution)  and blood red OJ to wash it all down.
What I ate (and this wasn't all at once, this was grazing over a few hours): an egg white omelette, 1 piece of sausage (about the size of a silver dollar), 1 apple cinnamon pancake (a little larger than a silver dollar), 1 slice of bacon, 3 mini cinnamon buns (these were the Pillsbury kind. I unrolled them and made mini-buns), a few spoon fulls of the hash brown casserole and a cup of coffee with half and half. Because I grazed, I didn't really eat other meals throughout the day but had salad for dinner that night. 

And eggnog. Let's not talk about the eggnog. ;)

As far as eating goes, it was a crappy day. But I'm pleased with the level of control that I had. I feel more confident about future holidays. I didn't have the insane level of anxiety that I had in the past. Normally I just want to run away from these events. I get myself so worked up that I end going through the tiresome cycle of obsessing, binging, guilting, shaming and binging some more. Instead I just let myself enjoy it and, for the most part, move on. Once again I also remembered that I have no desire to eat that stuff all the time. 

In the end, Santa brought me a big goose egg this weekend.  (heh. goose egg, egg nog. go figure.)

I'm a little sore about that. I left him great treats!

Whatevs, Santa!

I had a small loss earlier in the week - but obviously I un-did that by letting loose-ish over the weekend. I'm pretty happy with the result considering the treats I allowed myself. I didn't go crazy but I wouldn't classify my eating as reserved. Though I do feel that I was in control the entire time. That was really important to me. And that is really the goal of this whole process for me. To lose weight but more importantly learn how to control the behaviors that made me gain weight in the first place.

But now it's time to go hardcore. I've blown every deadline I've set for myself on this plan. And before I know it, March will be here and I will have been on this plan for a year. I know its completely reasonable and acceptable to take more than a year to lose 100lbs. But I want(ed) to be done before the one year mark got here. 

No more treats, no more 'special' days, no more booze (can you hear me crying?). I will run despite the bitter cold and exercise indoors when the weather is rainy or snowy. My goal is to exercise five days a week. 'I will stay On Plan' is my new inner dialogue.

This is it folks. We are in the homestretch. I WILL be done before my Medi-versary. 

Let's do this!

Month One: -16 lbs
Month Two: -5 lbs
Month Three: -6 lbs
Month Four: -6 lbs
Month Five: -6 lbs
Month Six: -8.5 lbs
Month Seven: -7.5 lbs
Month Eight: -5 lbs
Month Nine: -2 lbs
Month Ten: -5 lbs
Week fourty one: -2
Week fourty two: -2
Week fourty three: -0

Total: 71 lbs gone forever!
Current weight: 169 lbs
Distance from goal: 29 lbs!!

If you're interested in trying Medifast, I have a great deal for you! Use the code TURNIP56 to get $50 off an order of $275.


Check out Medifast's new customer savings program

*FTC Disclosure: Medifast provides their products for my personal use for free. I am not paid or compensated in any other way for mentioning their products. All thoughts written here are mine. I love complaining so I would tell you if I didn't like something in the program. :)

~*Stephanie aka Goober Monkey*~
~*Jenni aka Jenni From the Blog*~
~*Eileen aka Bringing Up Bronwyn*~
~*Laura akaWho you are is Enough*~

0 comments: