Stuffing my bra vs. stuffing my face

0


The past week has been sort of uppy downy. I kept going between wanting to throw glitter in the air and dance around a maypole to simply wanting to rip someone's face off and then play their exposed teeth like a xylophone.

What? Too much?

Izzy is getting into the Troublesome Threes about three months early (holy shit! less than three months until she is three!) and to say the my and C's nerves are getting frayed is an understatement. She isn't just wearing sassy pants, she's got a whole damn sassy suit. No one looks good in a sassy suit. It's almost as tacky as jealous pants.

Then I had this pesky .4lbs hangin' around keeping my from my 20lb goal. Screw you .4. You suck. But the key word there is HAD. I hit my 20lb goal and then some. I am down 1.5 pounds for a total of 21.1 pounds. I normally don't count the fractions like this. But even though I was so close to 20lbs, I refused to round up. I wanted to claim an actual 20lb loss.

It was a tough week with that .4. For the first time, irrational jealousy actually kicked in. I was watching the other people in my Medifast community hit big goals and there I sat staring my .4 in the eye. I tried reasoning with it, bribing it and forcing it off my body but to no avail – there it stayed. I felt defeated. Then Saturday morning my body finally took pity on me. I stepped on the scale expecting to be disappointed again and there is was: 220.0. I know that to most people seeing the number 220 would be devastating and disappointing. But for me? I heard angels singing and the sun shone a little brighter that day. This is huge for me. Seeing a 20lb loss reassures me that I can make it to the finish line. That 80 more pounds – it won't be a cake walk – but it's possible.

As happy as I was to hit my second goal, I felt silly for being jealous of others. I was angry at myself for letting a damn number sway so much of my mood all week long. After all, I feel fantastic and I have had a number of non-scale victories that prove that I am losing inches. 
 
I am exercising again and I even bought a new bike and a trailer for Izzy so that I can't create an excuse to not get out there and ride. I've had to donate some of my size 18 pants (these were plus size 18's which are generally larger) and I am back in regular 18's that I haven't been able to wear in two years. I saw Jenni on Saturday and she commented that they are even too big on me (but I know I'm not in a 16 yet). 

Here is the down side of up. My boobs are trying to run away from home. Little by little they are packing up their mammeries and gettin' outta Dodge. Honestly, I'd be okay with this had I not spent about $100 on new bras a couple of weeks before starting Medifast. This is a huge problem people. I loathe bra shopping. I am very picky about how they fit – so bra shopping is a holy grail style shopping trip for me. I also refuse to buy them at full price. I also refuse to give up on these practically brand new bras! I'm cheap, I can admit it.

I have never lacked in the boob department. I was in a bra (not a training bra) by the fifth grade. So not filling out a bra is pretty foreign to me. I mean, can I just throw a few socks in there just to fill out the bra?
I've even been looking around on google for those inserts. Some of them are just downright scary looking:
I could go with one of these - I've been needing a new bag too.

Maybe I should just stick with the time-tested classic?


Sigh. Let me know if you hear of any good bra sales.

Week one: -7 lbs
Week two: -5 lbs
Week three: -1 lbs
Week four: -3 lbs
Week five: -0 lbs
Week six: -2 lbs
Week seven: -1.6 lbs
Week eight: -1.5 lbs    
Total: 21.1 lbs gone forever!


If you’re interested in trying Medifast, I have a great deal for you!  Use the code TURNIP50 to get $50 off an order of $275. 

*FTC Disclosure: Medifast provides their products for my personal use for free. I am not paid or compensated in any other way for mentioning   their products.  All thoughts  written here are mine. I love complaining so I would tell you if I didn't like something in the program. :)

~*Stephanie aka Goober Monkey*~
~*Jenni aka Jenni From the Blog*~
~*Tiffany aka Mom-Nom*~
~*Brandi aka 5 Monkies*~
~*Censide aka Building Our Story*~

0 comments: