Take it Off, Week 12: The Magic of an NSV

0

The last two weeks have been pretty stressful. For the sake of not being one of those ding dongs that says way too much about their job in their blog – I will just leave it at 'work is keeping me busy'. :) It's part of why I had such a lame-o post last week. I just could not muster the energy to talk about anything that wouldn't be laced with expletives and musings about winning the Powerball. I was on auto-pilot as far as Medifast was concerned. It was something I could control. So I did the plan and just kept on trucking.

Even though I may have been planning my very own version of the rapture as I wasted an entire day of my life in jury duty two Thursdays ago; I am a pretty resilient person. I have my pity party, I move on and late last week I was back to appreciating the smaller things in life. When you are trying to do something as monumental as losing 100lbs, you must learn to appreciate the small victories. Its a long road and not every week can be filled with large losses or new notches in your belt. Sometimes its as simple as overcoming an obstacle that you may not have even realized was there until it was miles beind you.

In terms of weight loss, those are known as the NSV (Non-Scale Victory).

I had quite a few NSV's this week.

I'll start with my short stint in jury duty. First off, holy crap, I almost got put on a murder trial. MURDER! Thank goodness that judge was very understanding about my work obligations and let me out of service for that trial. Then I spent the rest of the day in the jury room, waiting, waiting, waiting to be picked for another trial. A round of the Price is Right and three soap opera's later, I was allowed to go home. Good god was I bored all day. I had nothing but time to sit around and watch people eat snack after snack from the vending machine. I thought I might be put on trial myself the way juror #125 was waving that bag of M&M's in front of me. But instead of quelling my boredom with carb-laden, no good for me junk, I pulled out my laptop and started to learn how to use Dreamweaver. I was pretty proud of myself for putting together this post. There is a linky in the text, which is actually part of a picture. I learned how to make a hot spot! I've got a long way to go but hey, I didn't eat any M&Ms!

I was also able to squeeze my ba-donk-a-donk into a pair of size 16 jeans. Now, I didn't wear those out in public because ummm....well, a blind man could have read my lips. But I got those bad boys on, zipped and buttoned, so I am totally counting it! But in other wardrobe news I wore a dress not once but twice this past weekend. Oh and heels. HEELS! I rarely wear heels because I'm just too dang heavy for them. The only time I was able to comfortably wear a pair of heels was at my wedding when I was 194lbs. When I was 240, it was torture. My weight would crush my toes and it was literally impossible to wear anything greater than a kitten heel. I was rockin it in my 4 inch wedges. And my legs, they might be beefy but they are hot. Oh yeah, I said it. Put your oven mitts on if you want to touch them. ;)

My biggest NSV (though not the one I am most excited about) was my ability to overcome my stress eating. Like I said, the last two weeks have been stressful. I contemplated a lot of bad foods. I stood in the grocery store and tried to decide which bad food would be 'better'. Ultimately though, I came back down to earth and decided I'd only be more stressed if I let the bad food win. That's when I went on auto-pilot and decided to stick to my plan.

Then I was faced with this:
IMG_0487
The cake at Jenni From the Blog's birthday party for her daughter Brynn. I won't kid you, I had some. But as far as cookouts go, I did really well. Lots of salad and a burger with no bun. Aside from the cake, I was fairly close to staying on plan.
Then this the following day:
The restaurant where my niece chose to celebrate her graduation.
Oh man...there was no winning here. Even the limited amount of veggies that were available were slathered in sauces and/or cheese. Blech. I hate buffets.

But my appetite was curbed when I watched my husband eat this:



So what is the NSV that I was most excited about? Being able to wear my engagement ring again after more than a three year hiatus. I have not been able to wear my ring since I was about 6 months pregnant with Izzy. I don't go crazy over jewelry but I love my ring so much. Believe me, I've tried cramming it on my finger. Since starting Medifast, I've tried it on a few times – as sort of a measuring stick of my success. This weekend, it slipped on as easily as the day Christian proposed. I am so happy that its right back where it belongs instead of collecting dust in my jewelry box.
Now with all this talk of NON scale victories, I'm sure you are wondering what my actual scale victory was this week. Well it was a small one but a victory none the less. I am down one more pound for a grand total of 27 pounds gone forever.

Think I can hit 30 by Monday? Cross your fingers for me. I'm going to try for it.

I'm happy with my one pound loss because even though its nothing terribly impressive, I've gained so much good in the past two weeks. The closer I get to 30 pounds, the clearer the finish line becomes and its the small victories that keep pushing me through the obstacles in my path.


Week one: -7 lbs
Week two: -5 lbs
Week three: -1 lbs
Week four: -3 lbs
Week five: -0 lbs (maintain on vacation)
Week six: -2 lbs
Week seven: -1.6 lbs
Week eight: -1.5 lbs  
Week nine: -0 lbs  le sigh. damn gravity!
Week ten: -3 lbs 
Week eleven: -2 lbs
Week twelve: -1 lb  
Total: 27 lbs gone forever!

If you’re interested in trying Medifast, I have a great deal for you!  Use the code TURNIP50 to get $50 off an order of $275. 
*FTC  Disclosure: Medifast provides their products for my personal use for  free. I am not paid or compensated in any other way for mentioning    their products.  All thoughts  written here are mine. I love complaining  so I would tell you if I didn't like something in  the program. :)

~*Stephanie aka Goober Monkey*~

~*Jenni aka Jenni From the Blog*~

~*Tiffany aka Mom-Nom*~

~*Brandi aka 5 Monkies*~

~*Censide aka Building Our Story*~

0 comments: